Follow Me on Facebook!
Nichelle C. Renk, MD
Board Certified Interventional Pain Management Physician & Board Certified Anesthesiologist
“As an interventional pain physician, I believe the most successful treatment involves identifying the appropriate diagnosis, and then implementing a combination of modalities truly tailored to my patients. This multidisciplinary approach to pain management includes the potential use of procedures, limited use of medications, physical therapy, braces and devices, pain psychology, complementary alternative medicine, and nutrition/lifestyle modification.”
With a precise diagnosis and multifaceted plan, Dr. Renk achieves dramatic long-lasting results for her patients.
Dr. Renk is one of a few pain management physicians in Alaska to perform cooled radiofrequency procedures, a cutting-edge technology that creates a unique shaped and larger radiofrequency lesion to interrupt pain in the patient’s painful area of the body.
Dr. Renk completed her medical doctorate at the Medical College of Virginia, anesthesiology residency at George Washington University Hospital, and interventional pain medicine fellowship at Stanford Hospital. She is board-certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Prior to joining Algone, Dr. Renk served in the United States Air Force as a Major and Chief/Director of the Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER) Pain Management Clinic for four years. Outside of work, Dr. Renk enjoys spending time with her family, hiking and exploring Alaska, and traveling.
- Bachelors of Science at XYZ
- Medical Doctorate at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia
- Anesthesiology Residency at George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C.
- Interventional Pain Medicine fellowship at Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto, California
- American Society of Anesthesiology
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Chronic Migraine Headaches
- Neck Pain
- Low and Mid Back Pain
- Joint Pain
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- BOTOX for Chronic Migraine
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Joint Injections for Pain Relief
- Radiofrequency Ablations
- PRP and Stem Cell Therapy
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Neuromodulation/ Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Vertebroplasty/ Kyphoplasty