Matthew R. Peterson, MD
Interventional Pain Physician & Regenerative Medicine Specialist at Algone Sports & Regenerative Medicine
Dr. Matthew Peterson has over 18 years of experience in the field of medicine, including thirteen years as a pain physician. His overall goal is to provide services for patients to decrease pain, increase function, and reduce the need for medications. Dr. Peterson utilizes minimally invasive procedures to diagnose, treat and potentially heal the source of pain. He is highly trained and experienced in the field of Regenerative Medicine and is one of the few physicians in Alaska qualified to use Regenexx Regenerative Medicine procedures.
After receiving his undergraduate degree at the University of British Columbia, Dr. Peterson attended medical school at the University of North Dakota. He then completed his family practice residency at Alaska Family Practice, anesthesia residency at the University of Arizona and interventional pain fellowship at the University of Arizona.
Dr. Peterson is board certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology, and his work has been published in the Postgraduate Medical Journal. He has traveled across the globe in order to teach physicians the latest regenerative medicine techniques and treatments.
In his free time, Dr. Peterson enjoys traveling with his family and spending time at his ranch in British Columbia.
- Bachelors of Science at the University of British Columbia
- Doctorate of Medicine at University of North Dakota
- Family Residency at Alaska Family Practice
- Anesthesia Residency at the University of Arizona
- Interventional Pain Fellowship at the University of Arizona
- Board Certified Anesthesiologist from the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Joint Injections for Pain Relief
- Neuromodulation/ Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Opioid Free Pain Management
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Targeted Drug Delivery
- Vertebroplasty/ Kyphoplasty
- Back Pain
- Chronic Migraines
- Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome
- Compression Fractures
- Failed Back Surgery
- Herniated Discs
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Shoulder Pain
- Wrist Pain
Rewind Joint Pain with Stem Cell & PRP Therapy
Enter your information below and our New Patient Specialist will contact you to schedule.