J. Thomas Grissom, MD
Sports Medicine Physician & Regenerative Medicine Specialist at Algone Interventional Pain Center
Dr. John Thomas Grissom founded Algone in October of 2010. He has over 30 years of medical experience, including 21 years in the field of pain management. His goal is to utilize every possible tool, from minimally invasive surgical techniques to physical medicine, in order to improve the function and quality of life in his patients.
After spending his childhood in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Dr. Grissom enrolled at Delta State University and received his undergraduate degree in biology. He later attended the University of Washington School of Medicine, where he received his doctorate. He has an extensive medical employment history including being a co-director, medical director, emergency room physician, and anesthesiologist at multiple medical facilities.
Dr. Grissom is a member of the American Academy of Pain Medicine and the American Society of Anesthesiology. He has received certification in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesia. He has also served as an instructor for Medtronic, Boston Scientific and St. Jude Medical Neurological Systems for Neuromodulation.
In his free time, Dr. Grissom enjoys traveling, skiing, fishing, watching SEC football and spending time with his wife and three sons.
- Bachelors of Science at Delta State University
- Doctorate of Medicine at University of Washington School of Medicine
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Anesthesiology
- Back Pain
- Chronic Migraines
- Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome
- Compression Fractures
- Failed Back Surgery
- Herniated Discs
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Shoulder Pain
- Wrist Pain
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Joint Injections for Pain Relief
- Neuromodulation/ Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Opioid Free Pain Management
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Targeted Drug Delivery
- Vertebroplasty/ Kyphoplasty