Sola Olamikan, MD, MBA
Board Certified Interventional Pain Management Physician and Anesthesiologist
Dr. Sola Olamikan began working at Algone in the summer of 2018. With over 10 years of medical experience in anesthesiology and multidisciplinary pain medicine, including several years practicing with the pediatric population, he is a strong addition to the Algone provider team.
After concluding medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, Dr. Olamikan completed an internship in Family Medicine at the University of Texas (Houston). He then decided to combine his love of learning and traveling, relocating to complete three focused fellowships: pain medicine at the University of Washington Medical Center, pain management at the University of New Mexico Health Science Center, and pediatric anesthesiology at Children’s Hospital Colorado. He also earned an MBA in Healthcare Management and Leadership.
In his capacity as an interventional pain physician, Dr. Olamikan strives to incorporate multimodal and multidisciplinary approaches. Methods include but are not limited to medication therapy, interventional procedures, mental health care, physical therapy, patient teaching and empowerment, and alternative medicine. His aim is achieving the optimal outcome for patients and clients using care plans tailored to their specific needs.
During his training years, Dr. Olamikan had an opportunity to visit Alaska. Finding the Last Frontier welcoming, he always meant to return. In joining the Algone team, he has accomplished the goal of making Alaska his home. Avocationally, Dr. Olamikan enjoys family time, hiking, skiing, and traveling.
- Doctorate of Medicine at Baylor Collefe of Medicine
- Family Medicine Internship in Family Medicine at University of Texas
- Pain Medicine Fellowship at the University of Washington Medical Center
- Pain Management Fellowship at University of New Mexico Health Science Center
- Pediatric Anesthesiology at Children's Hospital Colorado
- MBA in Healthcare Management and Leadership
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Joint Injections for Pain Relief
- Neuromodulation/ Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Opioid Free Pain Management
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Targeted Drug Delivery
- Vertebroplasty/ Kyphoplasty
- Back Pain
- Chronic Migraines
- Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome
- Compression Fractures
- Failed Back Surgery
- Herniated Discs
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Shoulder Pain
- Wrist Pain